This document outlines Screenwave International Film Festival (SWIFF) Terms and Conditions. SWIFF may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. SWIFF will post the varied Terms and Conditions on its website. By purchasing a ticket, you are agreeing to SWIFF’s terms and conditions.
- By submitting your order, you are indicating that you have read and accept the Screenwave International Film Festival (SWIFF) Terms and Conditions. All orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification.
- Any unused tickets, vouchers or sessions on a pass will be forfeited at the end of SWIFF 2023 (midnight, 5 May, 2023)
- Bookings may only be collected by the credit card holder on presentation of the credit card used for the booking, the booking number, and any relevant concessions.
- SWIFF reserves the right to deny any person admission to any festival managed venues.
- All persons seeking admittance to attend an event or session must have a valid ticket, irrespective of their age.
- SWIFF reserves the right for photographs taken during the festival to be screened in public, via the SWIFF website and socials.
- SWIFF accepts a range of concessions to help keep the festival accessible to all. We offer concession tickets on events (where listed) to full-time students, pensioners, and healthcare card holders. We also offer concessions to local Coffs Coast residents with post code starting with 245. A current ID, if requested, must be shown on request.
- SWIFF is a Companion Card Affiliate. Companion Card holders qualify for concession price tickets and a second ticket at no cost for their companion. We recognise the Companion Card at all events, capacity allowing. Call the SWIFF box office on (02) 56265051 for any special requirements, including wheelchair and mobility access. For more information on obtaining a Companion Card please contact: www.companioncard.org.au/
- Latecomers may not be admitted to a session. If there is a short film screening before the feature, latecomers will be admitted once the short film has finished. There are no exchanges or refunds if patrons arrive late to a session.
- Some of SWIFF films are unclassified. Unless otherwise indicated, the age recommendation for these films is 18+. In accordance with Australian Classification Regulations, these films are restricted to persons aged 18 and over. Films with other age recommendations (eg, 15+ where the individual is 15 or above, or accompanied by an adult) or with classifications are indicated separately. Please check individual film classification details before purchasing your tickets. Proof of age must be shown upon request.
Single Ticket Purchases:
- All single tickets are non-refundable but can be exchanged for an equal or lesser dollar value in person or over the phone for $1.00 per ticket. Any cost difference between the two tickets will not be refunded. Single ticket exchanges close 24 hours prior to the event start time.
- NO EXCHANGE OR REFUND IS OFFERED ON OUR SPECIAL EVENTS (including Opening Night, Closing Night, SWIFF Live, STORYLAND, and Preview Gala Screenings).
- All Passes to be purchased ahead of time – not at the session you are about to see. Single session purchases only available at box office before sessions.
- 6 Pass, 12 Pass and 20 Pass film passes cannot be refunded either in full or part.
- NO EXCHANGE OR REFUND IS OFFERED ON FILM PASSES
- Tickets booked on Passes can be exchanged in person, online or via the SWIFF app for a fee of $1.00 per ticket.
- Exchanges close 2 hrs prior to session start times.
- Passes can be redeemed up to two tickets per regular session
- All SWIFF Passes are for a single person’s use and are not transferable to another person or refundable.
- Passes are only valid to regular sessions and exclude Opening Night, Closing Night and any Special Events.
- SWIFF Gift vouchers are treated as cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift vouchers may only be used for purchasing admission tickets to SWIFF and cannot be used for any other purchases (ie, Jetty Theatre, CHEC Theatre shows or SWIFF partner venue/s bar).
- The Gift Voucher amount that is purchased at time of checkout remains the same amount that is redeemable. The giftee will not be able to redeem for presale pass cost after the presale pass phase has ended.
- Gift vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged (whether in whole or in part) for cash. The value stated on the voucher (or remaining on the voucher after partial redemption) is expressed inclusive of GST. Any purchases which exceed the value of the gift voucher will require the holder to pay the difference in price using another form of tender. No change will be given and any remaining balance will remain on the gift voucher to be used in whole or in part against future purchases.
- Gift vouchers will expire at 11.59pm 5 May 2023. Any balance that remains on the gift voucher after expiry will not be available for any use.
- The Gift Voucher amount at time of purchase are redeemable strictly to the the sales period in which they were purchased.
2022 Destination Competition:
- The Competition closes on the 31st of January, 2022 and the winner will be drawn on the 1st of February, 2022. All decisions are final. To enter the 2022 Destination Competition, you must be over 18.
Below is an outline of our policy on the information that is compiled naturally by our server when you visit swiff.com.au. All personal information provided to the Screenwave International Film Festival (SWIFF), will be used by SWIFF only. Any information collected from this site is entirely confidential and will not be distributed, disclosed or traded with anyone without your consent.
SWIFF will not collect ‘personally identifying information’ about individuals unless specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals.
Information about you may be gathered:
* When buying a ticket via our online ticket system;
* When signing up for our e-newsletter at swiff.com.au
* When entering our destination competition at swiff.com.au
The only details we will collect are those you choose to supply us with at the time of buying, signing up, or entering. SWIFF will have sole access to any data you supply and used only to provide the services you have requested of us.
Data collection for statistical purposes
While your ‘personally identifying information’ is protected as outlined above, we may also, on occasion, collect what is legally referred to as ‘anonymous aggregated data’. In other words, information that simply relates to you as a ‘person’ and not as an individual, solely for statistical purposes. We may use this information for analysis to create profiles for the separate parts of the site. The collected data will not contain any ‘personally identifying information’ about you. We do not link this information with visitors to the site.
We gather this data to help us understand which parts of our websites are the most popular, where our visitors are going, and how much time they spend there. This information means that we can improve the site and concentrate on making sure that you continue to enjoy it! Your personal information is safe with us.
Online ticket sales
This website facilitates the sale of tickets and passes to the 2023 Screenwave International Film Festival.
Online ticket payment
Screenwave International Film Festival (SWIFF) uses eCommerce to provide a secure environment for the authorisation of credit card transactions over the Internet. Confidential information including client credit card details are encrypted the moment they are transmitted from the client’s browser to the banking network using industry standard SSL 128-bit RC4 encryption technology.
A customer’s credit card details are not stored anywhere on the Internet and the only company who has access to this data is the merchant’s bank. The bank also sends confirmation information via the same encryption technology back to the client’s browser. These secure processes provide clients with peace of mind when purchasing online.
SWIFF will not send you emails unless you have first given your consent or have signed up for our email bulletin.
Full details on how to unsubscribe will be included in every e-newsletter
If you have any concerns regarding privacy issues, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org