Thanks for your interest in volunteering at SWIFF’23, April 20 – May 5. Volunteers help to make SWIFF a vibrant, welcoming and one-of-a-kind film destination. Volunteers help across roles such as ticketing, ushering, hospitality and festival set-up. In exchange, you’ll be part of a community of film lovers, see films for free, and be the face of the festival.
To apply, please follow the link below. Applications close on February 20, 2023 – late applications are welcome, but may not be considered.
SWIFF’s annual celebration of film and unique screen experiences, is returning to the Coffs Coast from April 21 – May 6, 2022.
This year SWIFF is expanding to include outdoor live music along with its stellar 16-day film program and seeking energetic and enthusiastic volunteers who are after the opportunity to be part of a vibrant, creative festival for the Coffs Coast. Volunteers will have the chance to meet other like-minded film, music and arty folk and help make #SWIFF22 a warm, wonderful, safe and unique experience.
Please fill out the volunteer application below. If you have any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close January 20, 2022.
Please note, SWIFF receives and appreciates a large number of applications and cannot guarantee a position to all applicants.
You can expect to hear back regarding your application by late-February 2021.
Orientation will take place in March (date/venue TBA) and is essential for all volunteers to attend, even if you’ve volunteered for SWIFF previously. Orientation will run for approx. 2hrs and will go over roles, venues, ‘22 program highlights, operations, as well as COVID-19 Safety.
Regarding vaccinations, requirements as per NSW government are fluid and may change at the time of the festival in autumn 2022. SWIFF will be following the requirements from government and health advice, and will communicate these updates to volunteers and audiences via our website, e-news, and our social media.
Festival Dates: 21 April – 6 May 2022
Location: Jetty Memorial Theatre, Coffs Harbour Education Campus, Park Beach Reserve
Roles Available: Aside from being the face of the festival these are the key roles available for volunteers-
- Cinema Venue Attendant – Ushering in festival patrons, scanning tickets, managing queuing, cinema attendant, keeping our venues tidy and COVID-safe.
- Bar Attendant – Pouring and selling drinks and snacks at festival bars. Sites include Jetty Theatre, CHEC Theatre and STORYLAND (valid RSA required).
- Set up/Pack down – Helping to set up for special events throughout the festival.
- Pre-Festival promotion –Distribution of festival programs around the Coffs Coast (Woolgoolga – Bellingen) – getting the word out about the amazing program!
- STORYLAND Venue Attendant– Checking tickets, handing out wristbands, managing queueing, keeping the STORYLAND site tidy and COVID-safe.
- Green Team– Keeping our sites clean and tidy, making sure bin etiquette is followed and we reduce our environmental impact.
- PLUS! Additional opportunities may be announced – keep up to date with us on socials to see other unique ways in which you can be part of the festival.
Head here to learn about STORYLAND. Volunteering at STORYLAND is a chance to be part of an exciting new arts and music experience and is an event best suited to volunteers who love vibrant events & live music, and are willing and able to work on their feet in an outdoor setting rain or shine!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at SWIFF’22 – please note that while our main volunteer recruitment phase has closed, you can still complete and send in the below form to be considered for any late applicant positions that may arise. Email email@example.com with any questions. STORYLAND applications, via the above button, are still open.