SWIFF'21 will expand the festival into a brand new venue, the Coffs Harbour Education Campus! With SWIFF events covering the campus, we're here to answer a few of your questions about SWIFF at CHEC!
What should I expect?
To see great movies! In partnership with Southern Cross University, Coffs Harbour Senior College & TAFE NSW, the CHEC campus will be a hub for film lovers to connect and experience SWIFF. Here are some top tips to get the most from your visit to SWIFF at CHEC:
- Please be aware that queueing will take place exterior to the venue, so prepare for the predicted weather.
- The autumn evenings can be chilly, so if you’re planning to unwind after a film in the gathering space, bring something warm.
- The CHEC Cafe will be serving light meals and great coffee, however hot food is not allowed inside the theatre.
- The campus has purified water bubblers on site – go green and bring a refillable water bottle this SWIFF!
- You can bring a drink from the SWIFF bars into a film, please remember to take your rubbish with you after the film. Please note you cannot leave the CHEC Gathering Space with alcohol.
- CHEC Box Office opening hours – the box office will be open 1 hr prior to the first session on screening days.
- Book ahead of time! Download the SWIFF App to easily host your tickets on your phone, and be mindful to arrive early to sessions.
Find more SWIFF Tips here!
Will Food & Drink will be available?
Yes! The CHEC Cafe will be open on SWIFF Screening days, plus the CHEC Gathering Space will be home to a pop up SWIFF Bar, thanks to our partners at Coopers, Treasury Wine Estates and Ashton Designs. Find Opening Hours below.
What special events are on at CHEC?
How do I get there?
The CHEC Campus is located at 363 Hogbin Dr, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450, and upon arrival SWIFF recommends parking in the bays closest to the bus stop, marked on the map by following the yellow arrows (located left here, or on page 46 of your SWIFF’21 print program).
Please note that on busy days, parking can be limited, and may require a short walk to the screening venue, so make sure you allow extra time ahead of the event you’re attending.
All film screenings are held in the CHEC Theatre, with the Degustation dining event hosted at Osprey restaurant, and all workshops in the O Block Theatre. There is a small amount of parking available in front of the O Block Theatre.
Is it accessible?
All venues at the CHEC Campus are wheelchair accessible, with three accessible car parks, marked on the below full campus map.
- The O Block parking is directly next to the workshop venue.
- The front of campus bay leads to an elevator to the ground level of the campus, then follow signage to the CHEC venue you are attending.
- The rear of campus parking bay leads to an elevator into the CHEC Gathering Space, adjacent to the CHEC Theatre and cafe.
In the theatre:
- The CHEC theatre is equipped with a hearing loop system for use via the T switch on a hearing aid device.
- All films with subtitles are labelled in the program, here.
- Accessible bathrooms are located in the CHEC Theatre foyer and near the CHEC Cafe.